Oil & Gas Facility Decommissioning Surveys
To date ARPS has more than 10 years of experience across a wide range of oil and gas decommissioning projects within the UK, West Africa and South America, resulting in the successful decommissioning of the facilities concerned.
For each project we can develop a truly bespoke service, tailored around client requirements. During the decommissioning of onshore facilities, FPSOs, FSOs, tankers, fixed platforms, and jack-up and semi-submersible rigs, we can provide the following as required:
- Radiological surveys of the hydrocarbon processing and storage systems, including topside, cargo and pump room systems. Initial external, hydrocarbon free and post-cleaning surveys are available.
- Radioactive source removal and advice on subsequent recycling / disposal.
- Radiation protection advice regarding the selection of cleaning contractors, the provision of radiation management procedures, additional controls required, training provision and other day-to-day queries.
- Radioactive waste management advice regarding the regulatory requirements at the operational location and at proposed intermediate / final destinations (i.e. for cleaning/decontamination and disposal).
- Transport of dangerous goods advice regarding the requirements of the international dangerous goods codes for transport of all Classes of dangerous goods by Sea, Air and Road.