Oil & Gas Operators and Service Companies
The ARPS team has extensive practical experience and knowledge of the oil and gas industry both in the UK and across the world. This makes ARPS very well placed to provide radiation protection and radioactive waste advice tailored to your exact needs. The service offered by ARPS to the oil and gas operators and service companies covers every aspect of radiation management, including:
- Day-to-day advice on radiation protection and radioactive waste management
- Preparation and review of radiation management procedures and radiological risk assessments
- Preparation of environmental permit applications to the various UK environment agencies (SEPA / EA) including environmental impact assessments
- Training of personnel both on site and at our premises in Westhill
- Site visits, audits (see below) and offshore support
- Recall and calibration of dose rate and contamination monitors
- Analysis of sealed source leak tests and provision of associated certification
- Provision and management of personal dosimetry
- Receipt and handling of NORM samples for analysis and subsequent interpretation of results
- General support for special projects and other radiation-related issues
ARPS also provides an online NORM waste management tool called the RMDD (Radioactive Material Disposals Database) which is continuously maintained allowing us to keep track of all disposals throughout the year and complete and submit the annual returns to BEIS (previously DECC) and the relevant environment agency as required.
The radiation compliance audits carried out by ARPS at onshore and offshore sites provide a detailed assessment of the performance of the sites in terms of legislative and regulatory compliance, compliance with company procedures and best practice. The members of the ARPS team take a proactive approach during these audits and the opportunity is often taken to provide one-to-one coaching for site RPSs.