Vets, Dentists & Chiropractors
ARPS provides RPA services to over 40 veterinary practices and 15 dental clinics across Scotland and has been appointed as the RPA/MPE for the British Chiropractic Association. The service provided helps our clients to achieve total compliance with the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 (IRR17) and, where applicable, the Ionising Radiations (Medical Exposures) Regulations 2017 (IRMER17).
This service includes
- advice on the design and layout of x-ray rooms
- risk assessments
- preparation of procedures
- training of personnel in radiation safety
- personnel monitoring
- support in registration with the HSE
- periodic site audits
- incident investigation
- ad-hoc advice between audits
While the service is primarily focused on radiography we also cover the use of sealed and unsealed sources in veterinary practices, where necessary.