RPS Inital Basic Training
The current plan for Q3 & Q4 is to be back in the classroom, however this will all depend on the government guidance at the time, so please be in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions you may have.
The course meets the requirements of IRR17, and includes practical exercises and a visit to a NORM decontamination company. There is a course test, and successful delegates will be awarded a certificate of competence.
The course covers the following sections:
- Basic Physics of Ionising Radiations
- Biological Effects of Ionising Radiations
- Sealed Sources - including nucleonic gauge, survey and logging sources
- Industrial Radiography
- Unsealed Sources
- NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material)
- UK Legislation
- Monitoring Instruments
- Personal Dosimetry
- Overview of the Transport Requirements for Radioactive Material
- 18th August 2021
- 7th September 2021
- 5th October 2021
- 16th November 2021
- 7th December 2021
No Availability (Join Waiting List)
Enquire about this course
Complete this form and our Training Co-ordinator will contact you shortly.